Thank you for volunteering your time to lead your PTA/PTSA. You are in an incredible position to help kids and families succeed! We welcome you to the PTA family.
As a PTA leader, you will focus your community on the needs of your members and their children. Your leadership will motivate volunteers and persuade local decision makers. You and your team will communicate with teachers and administrators, collaborate with community partners and associations, raise funds and awareness, provide much-needed programs for students and families, encourage reading and the arts, and much, much more. Because you are a part of PTA leadership, you become a part of the rich history of PTA, an association with more than 117 years of experience helping children succeed.
Because of you and your fellow PTA members, the school and children of your community will be more successful. Once again, welcome to PTA.
- Networking at Council Meetings
- Presidents Resource Guide
- Presidents Quick Reference Guide
- Conducting Meetings A to Z
- Sample Membership Survey
- Your Local PTA at a Glance Form
- National PTA Presidents Toolkit
- Texas PTA BASICS: President's Training Webinar
- National PTA E-Learning Library Courses
- Local Unit President: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA president. (approx. 30 min.)
- Board Basics: Learn the basic governance structures behind most PTA units. (approx. 40 min.)
- Parliamentary Procedure: This course will teach you how rules of conduct positively affect PTA decision-making, while ensuring fair and orderly unit operations. (approx. 30 min.)
- Ethical Leadership: Learn how to accomplish your goals with fairness and integrity. (approx. 20 min.)
- Creating and Delivering a Speech: Improve your public speaking skills. (approx. 30 min.)